The unknown
How do you face the unknown? The best way to find the missing piece of the puzzle is to look for the things that are hidden, the things that are not there.
I can’t except the term “unexplained”. For me the term is a way to hide a lack of understanding, a lack of not knowing.
If we can’t understand a problem, if we don’t know the way to find a solution, we must give it a label. By that we confine the problem to someone else. It is not our own lack of understanding that creates the problem; instead we push it over to the other parts ability to be inside a given normality of a problem.
Unexplained infertility is like that. If we are diagnosed “unexplained” we are pushed outside the norm! There are no fixed solutions to what will solve our problems and the doctors can fall back on the lack of normality, instead of having to redefine the problem.
By that I doesn’t say that there is no progress in the IF area, of course there are, but there is a long way for progress to reach outside the research labs and into the clinics.
It is very easy for a doctor to say; “this is not statistically proven, so I don’t believe in this.”
And instead they cling to the idea of us being “unknown” as if it was a diagnose, or even a condition.
I am unexplained; we suffer from recurrent pregnancy loss. Part of the problems comes from Hughes syndrome, but the other part is still hidden from medical society.
Is it because my problem is unique in any way? Probably not, I find it very hard to believe that the reason I can’t carry a pregnancy to full terms is something unique for me.
Instead I believe that there is too many missing pieces from my puzzle, so no one has really bothered to figure out the complete picture. It is easier to state it is "unexplained"
After all this years trying to beat IF I have come to one simple conclusion; if the puzzle is supposed to be solved…. I am the one who have to find the pieces. I simply can’t put the life of my unborned child in the hands of someone who can’t face the unknown and show an understanding for the missing pieces.
I can’t except the term “unexplained”. For me the term is a way to hide a lack of understanding, a lack of not knowing.
If we can’t understand a problem, if we don’t know the way to find a solution, we must give it a label. By that we confine the problem to someone else. It is not our own lack of understanding that creates the problem; instead we push it over to the other parts ability to be inside a given normality of a problem.
Unexplained infertility is like that. If we are diagnosed “unexplained” we are pushed outside the norm! There are no fixed solutions to what will solve our problems and the doctors can fall back on the lack of normality, instead of having to redefine the problem.
By that I doesn’t say that there is no progress in the IF area, of course there are, but there is a long way for progress to reach outside the research labs and into the clinics.
It is very easy for a doctor to say; “this is not statistically proven, so I don’t believe in this.”
And instead they cling to the idea of us being “unknown” as if it was a diagnose, or even a condition.
I am unexplained; we suffer from recurrent pregnancy loss. Part of the problems comes from Hughes syndrome, but the other part is still hidden from medical society.
Is it because my problem is unique in any way? Probably not, I find it very hard to believe that the reason I can’t carry a pregnancy to full terms is something unique for me.
Instead I believe that there is too many missing pieces from my puzzle, so no one has really bothered to figure out the complete picture. It is easier to state it is "unexplained"
After all this years trying to beat IF I have come to one simple conclusion; if the puzzle is supposed to be solved…. I am the one who have to find the pieces. I simply can’t put the life of my unborned child in the hands of someone who can’t face the unknown and show an understanding for the missing pieces.
1 Comments:
I also fall into the realm of "Unexplained." And it is maddening.
Praying for you and your dear husband.
Post a Comment
<< Home